No Night is Too Long
The seventh Barbara Vine novel published by Viking in 1994
Set in Alaska and Suffolk, this story involves a brother and sister—Ivo and Isabel—each of whom has a sexual relationship with Tim.
When Ivo is left for dead on an Arctic island, the way seems clear for Tim and Isabel. But nothing plays itself out in the way one might expect.
The Tall House: Tim’s house in Suffolk is based on the house next door to Ruth Rendell’s former home Edinburgh House in Aldeburgh.
Adapted for TV by Kevin Elyot and first transmitted on BBC Two in December 2002.
Ruth Rendell talks to psychiatrist Dr Anthony Clare about her disturbed characters.
Contemporary Reads 2
- Peter Høeg - Miss Smilla’s Feeling For Snow
- Jonathan Coe - What a Carve Up!
- Denis Lehane - A Drink Before The War
- Andrea Camilleri - The Shape of Water
- Henning Mankell - The Man Who Smiled
- P.D. James - Original Sin