The Killing Doll
A stand-alone novel published by Hutchinson in 1984
The winter before he was sixteen, Pup sold his soul to the devil. He wasn’t quite sure what he was going to get in exchange. For the time being, all he asked for was to be happy and to grow a bit taller.
Even though she was older than Pup, Dolly was always in awe of her brother. More and more, she wanted to believe that he had occult powers and could do anything. Magic could remove the birthmark from her face and make her normal. Magic could kill their wicked stepmother.
Contemporary Reads 2
- Elizabeth Ironside - A Very Private Enterprise
- Sara Paretsky - Deadlock
- Penelope Lively - According to Mark
- Iain Banks - The Wasp Factory
- Anita Brookner - Hotel du Lac
- Isabel Allende - Of Love and Shadows